Middle East Emergency Relief Campaign Continues
Since February Zakat Foundation of America (ZF) launched Humanitarian relief campaigns all across the Middle East from Syria to Libya to address refugee crises.
Over the past seven months, ZF has successfully:
- Facilitated the transportation of foreign migrant workers in Libya to their homelands and away from violence with the UNHCR and International Organization for Migration (IOM)
- Delivered a ship filled with food, water, and medicine to residents in Misrata , Libya
- Distributed daily food and water to thousands of refugees in the Tunisian-Libyan, Syrian-Lebanese, and Syrian-Turkish border
- Provided medicine to support the urgent work of the Tunisian military field hospital
- Shipped a container filled with clothing, blankets, and books to Libyan refugees in Tunisia.
Although Tunisia, Egypt, and Libya have overcome civil and political unrests some people continue to endure under uncomfortable living conditions. Zakat Foundation of America will continue aid Syrian refugees until the conflict ends.