Ghana Office Expands as Part of Sustainable Development Goal
Zakat Foundation of America’s (ZF) Ghana office has been one of the first non-governmental organizations in West Africa to adopt sustainable development as a mission. In the past few years, the office has successfully implemented cooperatives for deprived communities in Ghana as well as sewing school for marginalized women.
ZF’s Country Representative, Salia Alhassan, has worked with incredible focus, consistency and fortitude that has positively impacted many marginalized communities throughout Ghana.
In 2012, ZF hopes to continue a tradition of sustainable success as they expand their office to include more highly trained and qualified staff to share resources and knowledge to neighboring communities in the region.
Here is a list of ZF Ghana’s 2012 Sustainable Development Goals
- Provide quality care and education for 100 orphans in the West African Sub-region
- Provide healthy water by digging wells for 25 deprived communities
- Build two mosques for two Muslim communities for spiritual and social development
- Provide Micro-credit to three additional organized Muslim groups to reduce poverty
- Establish two more sewing centers to train 20 young women to sew
- ZF’s Ghana office is part of a larger mission to provide sustainable growth and success to impoverished communities worldwide. Help us our programs in Ghana continue to grow.
- Donate today.