GHOUTA, “HELL ON EARTH!” — UN Secretary General António Guterres
“One of The Most Prolific Slaughterhouses of Humans in Recent Times” — UN High Commissioner for Human Rights, Zeid Ra’ad Al Hussein
Death and Destruction:
- 1,700+ bombs shower Eastern Ghouta, Syria in just 18 Days
- 18 Days of Continuous Aerial Bombardment
- 400,000 trapped in basement hovels 18 straight days
- 200,000 Are Children – half the population
- 790 killed (Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, SOHR)
- 174 Children killed (SOHR)
- 106 Women killed (SOHR)
- 3,950 wounded (SOHR)
- Rice Is Disappearing – their last food supply
- Water has run out
- No sewage. No waste disposal. No burial of bodies.
“This may be the darkest moment in the history of Damascus. The immeasurable carnage – the ghastly images of the dead women and children now barraging us – shames humanity,” says Halil Demir, Zakat Foundation executive director.
Won’t you give all you can to save them?
Rush Food and Water to Them
Rescue the Dying in Ghouta!