Pay For Udhiyah / Qurbani 2019
Zakat Foundation of America’s (Zakat Foundation of America) Seasonal Programs provide Muslims with the opportunity to give to those in need during the most blessed times of the year as according to the sunnah (tradition) of the Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him.
“The likeness of those who spend their wealth in the path of God is as the likeness of a grain that sprouts seven spikes. In every spike, there are a hundred grains. Thus does God multiply reward for whomever He so wills.”
(The Holy Quran, 2:261)
- Ramadan: The blessed month of Ramadan is a time to awaken compassion and solidarity with the hungry and poverty-stricken children, women, and men around the world. Zakat Foundation enables Muslim donors to celebrate and give thanks during the month of Ramadan by facilitating food distribution to families in need.
- Fidyah: The option to pay Fidyah exists for those Muslims who cannot fast during Ramadan.
- Kaffarah: Kaffarah is offered when one intentionally violates the fast without valid excuse.
- Udhiya/Qurbani: During the days of Eid ul-Adha, Muslims have the opportunity to follow the tradition of Prophet Ibrahim (Abraham), peace be upon him, to provide fresh meat to impoverished families around the world. Through Zakat Foundation of America’s Udhiya/Qurbani Seasonal Program, benevolent Muslims can sponsor shares of cows or sheep to fulfill this great service and celebratory gift to poor families in any of the countries where we work.
- Winter Kits Distribution: Every year, Zakat Foundation of America helps those who would otherwise have no protection from the harshness of winter. By providing clothing items, such as coats, hats, boots, and other winter wear, as well as heaters in certain areas, we do whatever possible to ensure those in need safely survive the winter.
Your donations are tax exempt under the section 170 of the 501(c)(3) section of the IRS code.
Zakat Foundation of America Tax EIN: 36-4476244
For more information on tax exempt status please refer to this letter.