Zakat Foundation of America Brings a Truck of Food Aid to Halep, Syria
August 28, 2012
(Chicago, IL, 08/28/12) Zakat Foundation of America (ZF), a Chicago-based non-profit organization, is on the forefront of relief organizations serving the Syrian people since the beginning of the Syrian crisis and distributing over $4 Million in aid in the region. ZF’s offices in Turkey, Lebanon and Jordan have devoted their efforts to aiding refugees through food, medicine and shelter.
Since March 2011, ZF has also dispatched several response teams in major Syrian cities, including Homs, Damascus, Hama, Aleppo, and the Zabadani area.
In Syria and the surrounding region, ZF is:
- Aiding field clinics in a number of cities in addition to supporting field hospitals
- Sending and distributing food packages and food regularly
- Distributing medical supplies including first aid kits delivered weekly to civilians
- Running an Orphan Sponsorship Program for Syrian orphans and Syrian refugee children
- Providing housing to displaced Syrians in Jordan, Lebanon, Syria and Turkey
- Sending necessities, including mattresses and blankets for families in ZF homes
As the violence shifts from city to city, ZF teams in the area and are able respond immediately to assure that they are present where the need is greatest